[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 10.5 status: beta???

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:50:49 PST 2017

Hi all,

We are currently 2 weeks behind of our beta release, which should have
happened in Jan 27th.
In our weekly meeting 2 weeks ago, there was a motion to release beta,
but it was withdrawn until we had the new documentation in place. In
today's meeting it was decided to not use the new docs in 10.5 release
since they are still in early development.
So we are now 3 weeks away from our scheduled release date and have not
even released a beta...

I would like to suggest that we release a beta ASAP, call for testers
and move the schedule 2 weeks forward (i.e. RC on Mar 7 and final
release on Mar 20). I also suggest that the planned conferences for
early March should make their own decision whether to use 10.5 RC iso or
10.0 iso for their booths.

Best,
Angelos

--