[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 10.5 status: beta??? - and translation status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:55:22 PST 2017

Project version updated:



On 02/14/2017 09:28 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> We started the OSGeo-Live 10.5 release cycle with a goal of adopting 
> transifex to do our translations.
> Our initial attempts hit some hurdles, and Richard Duivenvoorde joined 
> our team providing us with some excellent guidance. But transifex is 
> not ready yet to hand over to the OSGeo-Live translators, and ideally 
> we want to give translators plenty of time to get familiar with the 
> new tools. Considering that we should have already created a beta 
> version 2 weeks ago (as per Angelos' email below) I think we should go 
> with our prior, manual git based translation for the 10.5 release.
> Richard has suggested that we should have Tranifex in place before 
> FOSSGIS (22 March) and FOSS4G-EU (18 July). These events could be a 
> good opportunity to set up a Tranifex translation workshop or 
> code-sprint or similar if someone would like to set it up?
> Thoughts?
> Angelos, I'm +1 for creating a beta ASAP. We just need to check the 
> version number in the docs reflects the version number of the beta.
> Is our spreadsheet with version numbers up to date?
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5BaEgQtgw4O1bXyeWMlM8XtAOhUgcjZ7Y2O0FZc2H0/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=2014800150 
> On 14/2/17 7:50 am, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> We are currently 2 weeks behind of our beta release, which should 
>> have happened in Jan 27th.
>> In our weekly meeting 2 weeks ago, there was a motion to release 
>> beta, but it was withdrawn until we had the new documentation in 
>> place. In today's meeting it was decided to not use the new docs in 
>> 10.5 release since they are still in early development.
>> So we are now 3 weeks away from our scheduled release date and have 
>> not even released a beta...
>> I would like to suggest that we release a beta ASAP, call for testers 
>> and move the schedule 2 weeks forward (i.e. RC on Mar 7 and final 
>> release on Mar 20). I also suggest that the planned conferences for 
>> early March should make their own decision whether to use 10.5 RC iso 
>> or 10.0 iso for their booths.
>> Best,
>> Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation

More information about the Osgeolive mailing list