[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 10.5 status: beta??? - and translation status
gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 06:31:17 PST 2017
I will review package versions. I had updated that spreadsheet a couple
of weeks ago.
On 02/14/2017 09:28 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> We started the OSGeo-Live 10.5 release cycle with a goal of adopting
> transifex to do our translations.
> Our initial attempts hit some hurdles, and Richard Duivenvoorde joined
> our team providing us with some excellent guidance. But transifex is
> not ready yet to hand over to the OSGeo-Live translators, and ideally
> we want to give translators plenty of time to get familiar with the
> new tools. Considering that we should have already created a beta
> version 2 weeks ago (as per Angelos' email below) I think we should go
> with our prior, manual git based translation for the 10.5 release.
> Richard has suggested that we should have Tranifex in place before
> FOSSGIS (22 March) and FOSS4G-EU (18 July). These events could be a
> good opportunity to set up a Tranifex translation workshop or
> code-sprint or similar if someone would like to set it up?
> Angelos, I'm +1 for creating a beta ASAP. We just need to check the
> version number in the docs reflects the version number of the beta.
> Is our spreadsheet with version numbers up to date?
> On 14/2/17 7:50 am, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> We are currently 2 weeks behind of our beta release, which should
>> have happened in Jan 27th.
>> In our weekly meeting 2 weeks ago, there was a motion to release
>> beta, but it was withdrawn until we had the new documentation in
>> place. In today's meeting it was decided to not use the new docs in
>> 10.5 release since they are still in early development.
>> So we are now 3 weeks away from our scheduled release date and have
>> not even released a beta...
>> I would like to suggest that we release a beta ASAP, call for testers
>> and move the schedule 2 weeks forward (i.e. RC on Mar 7 and final
>> release on Mar 20). I also suggest that the planned conferences for
>> early March should make their own decision whether to use 10.5 RC iso
>> or 10.0 iso for their booths.
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
More information about the Osgeolive