[Live-demo] osgeo live branding and feedback

James Klassen jklassen at sharedgeo.org
Fri Jul 7 12:12:16 PDT 2017

My understanding is "Live" in OSGeo Live comes from the common use of the
term "Live" to describe a Linux distribution (or variant of a distribution)
that is meant to be run directly from read-only media (originally a CD or
DVD, now also including USB) and nominally doesn't change what is installed
on the local hard drive vs. one that needs to be installed onto the local
machine before it will run.

So my interpretation is the media contains a fully working (aka live)
system rather than just an installer.