[Live-demo] 11.0 background image proposals

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Tue Jul 11 15:27:35 PDT 2017

I like [5] the best, but would also be happy with [3]. In my view, we
cannot have "11.0" without "Live". I think the unfaded logo in the lower
right has better visibility. I would like to see the new OSGeo logo used
wherever possible, even if I disagree with the "Live" version with the
heart and new font.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 12/07/17 10:10, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Thank you Nicolas!
>
> Some comments:
> I see that options [3] [4] and [5] use a new logo for OSGeo-Live. At the
> same time we have a motion to revert this logo in the docs... this is a
> conflict, we need to make our minds about this. If we remove the new
> OSGeo-Live logo from docs, we cannot use it for the desktop.
> On the other hand, it feels awkward to have just a version number (11.0)
> next to the OSGeo logo as options [1] and [2] do.
> It is a tough decision for me...
>
> A minor comment: I would prefer the number 11.0 to be similar to the
> text size of "OS" since they also share the same color.
>

> On 07/11/2017 08:16 PM, Nicolas Roelandt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Following yesterday meeting, there is some proposals regarding 11.0
>> release
>> background image.
>>
>> With OSGeo official logo or the example provided by Vicky
>> In small size or big size as Cameron suggested.
>>
>> There is one proposal with the 10.5 yellow background too.
>>
>> Here is the poll (right click then display to see the image fullscreen):
>>
>> https://framadate.org/1OUYju1ui2WKfyiX
>>
>> Please comment !
>>
>> You can see the pictures here:
>> 1- https://lut.im/1Ht86y48ZG/zgYpTWJDeRS4RNFv.jpeg