[Live-demo] Small OSGeo logo to distinguish between Graduated and Community OSGeo projects

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Wed Jul 12 07:58:16 PDT 2017

about

putting a gradute cap

Those logos are 18 pixels high. Can you a demo artwork.

about

even add the Year it graduted with some CSS (I think)

Another way is: that kind of information can be done by the project's
overview maintainers on the overview file.​
My feeling is that it will clog with too much info a list of projects.

I can make a demo of everything, but I already made 2 demos about the
position of the logo, with the "OSGeo Star Logo"

Current looks:
http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/overview.html

Demo with logo at the left
https://cvvergara.github.io/osgeolive/add-logo-left/en/overview/overview.html

Demo with logo after the project's name:
https://cvvergara.github.io/osgeolive/add-petit-logo/en/overview/overview.html

The pending PR's of both demos
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/283
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/284
which are mutually exclusive.

Once, one of those is merged, I can work on:
demos using different logos.
demo of adding the graduation date (I would need the exact dates of all
graduations.)

Regards Vicky

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <
bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

> That looks rather nice and easy to tell what’s what’  An additional
> thought though, what about also putting a gradute cap (
> https://image.freepik.com/free-icon/graduates-cap_318-35625.jpg) on top
> of the logos where a project has graduated, you could even add the Year it
> graduted with some CSS (I think)
>
> Just rambling . . . .
>
> bobb
>

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 5:00 AM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Marketing Committee,
>
> Vicky has suggested a great improvement for our OSGeo-Live jump page,
> putting an OSGeo logo next to OSGeo applications. Example here:
>
> https://cvvergara.github.io/osgeolive/add-logo-left/en/
> overview/overview.html
>
> I'm suggesting we should be distinguishing between OSGeo graduated
> projects (use existing full logo) and community projects, (use a smaller
> logo, which just has the central compass and not the outer ring.)
>
> <pjheagkmlbbnelbn.png>
>
> https://github.com/camerons/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/logo/
> images/logos/OSGeo_compass.png
>
> <cammldejonjopikg.png>
>
> https://github.com/camerons/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/logo/
> images/logos/OSGeo_compass_small.png
>
> Any comments from the committee on such a variation on the logo?
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> M +61 419 142 254

> "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
> limits.”
> -  Albert Einstein

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,