[Live-demo] [Marketing] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 04:16:30 PDT 2017

On 28 July 2017 at 00:25, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <astrid_emde at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hello OSGeo projects,

Hi all,

> You also could take information from OSGeo-Live to setup your new flyer.
> https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html
>
> You find the new branding material at:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing
>
> Have a look at the GeoforAll flyer or OSGeo-Live flyer. You can see how a
> flyer could look like
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/print/geoforall_a4.pdf
> https://github.com/lucadelu/osgeo/blob/osgeolive/marketing/print/osgeolive_names_a4.svg

or the GRASS one, probably the best right now...

https://github.com/lucadelu/osgeo/blob/grass/marketing/print/grass_a4.svg

(pay attention that the github rendering is not using the right fonts
so the texts are non well aligned)

> The best way is to fork the repository on GutHub and make a pull request
> with your new flyer at the end.

please use new branch for each flyer you are doing

> These are the steps for you:
>
> 1. How to set up the fonts (on linux create the folder
> $HOME/.local/share/fonts and copy the 4 .ttf there)
> * Download  from
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/branding/fonts
>

> 2. Take the svg template and modify it with the content of your project
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/print/osgeo_a4.svg
> You can modify the svg either with a texteditor or f.e. inkscape.

I usually modified the text using a text editor, with inkscape I was
not able, and move the text blocks and images using inkscape.

Pay attention that the space between lines is 13 pixels (you can fix
it using the text editor and set the right y value according to the
previous one)

> 3. In the end you can create a pull request to the osgeo repository

please do the pull request only when the flyer is finalized and
discussed with your community.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> If you have questions. Please ask on the list or contact me or Luca
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Lucadelu

You can also answer to these mailing lists (I'm just subscribed to
Projects one)

> PS: Luca finished the OSGeo-Live flyer and wants to work on the Zoo-Project
> and MapServer flyer too.

I already started them ;-)

--
ciao