[Live-demo] Review of gpsprune on OSGeo-Live 11.0

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 15:03:40 PDT 2017

On 06/11/2017 11:43 PM, Activity Workshop wrote:
> On 07/06/17 00:50, vicky at georepublic.de wrote:
>> 1. Reply to confirm the Project Overview is still accurate, or has been
>> updated, (and version numbers are correct): ,
>> 2. Reply to confirm you have run a recent OSGeo-Live version (the previous
>> 10.5 version is ok), and updated the quickstart where needed.
> I've finally managed to get a live image working from a USB stick, using this
> file, I hope it's the correct one:
> osgeo-live-nightly-build42-amd64-da37892.iso
>
> Unfortunately, gpsprune isn't installed on this image, so I hope that's a
> mistake and it doesn't mean that gpsprune has been removed from OSGeo-Live already!
> Also the quickstart uses a data file at "~/data/vector/R/test_trk2.gpx", but the
> "R" directory isn't there either and I can't find any alternative gpx files
> under ~/data.
>
> So I don't know if I've got an incomplete iso or some intermediate testing
> image, but I can't really check the quickstart with this one.
> However you also wrote that checking with version 10.5 would be ok, which I
> don't really understand because 10.5 has been tested a long long time ago so I
> don't think that testing that again would help very much.
>
> Please let me know if there's anything else I should test, or if there's
> something I'm doing wrong here.
> You didn't tell me whether you're planning to take version 18.3 or 18.5, but on
> this image the apt sources are using xenial and would take gpsprune v18.3.  That
> means that 18.3 has already been tested for the 10.5 release, the only other
> question is whether the gpx files mentioned in the quickstart have been removed
> or not.
>
> I hope that helps,
> activityworkshop

Hi,

We intentionally ask projects to test last stable release (10.5):
There are quickstarts that have not been checked for a long time since
we did not have enough volunteers to do this kind of testing for the
last couple of releases (we did some minimum testing to see if each
application starts up + some deeper testing for some core applications).
This is the reason why we are "rebooting" the Live with 11.0, we need
feedback.

All projects were removed by default at the start of the 11.0
development cycle, this is why you do not find gpsprune in the latest build.
We have been adding the projects one by one, once we have tested their
quickstart or once we get confirmation from the project maintainers that
they tested.

If a project proposes a new version we can enable it for a nightly build
to test the quickstart there. This only happens if we get a pull request
with the installer update (or if there is a new upstream debian package).

In case you have already tested gpsprune for 10.5 and all work fine, we
can enable it ASAP.

Regards,
Angelos

--