[Live-demo] Project Sponsor logos in Project Overviews on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:04:43 PDT 2017

Hi Jody,

I'm open to considering changes future OSGeo-Live documentation
templates, (we don't have time for this 11.0 release). However, I'm very
mindful that we need to make sure that anything added to the template is
something that would be relevant to all projects. And something that we
can sustainably maintain. More importantly, how to you remove a company
that is not actively involved in a project any more without causing a
political storm?

As such, I don't think we should be adding company contributors to
Project Overviews.

Cheers, Cameron

On 14/6/17 11:39 pm, Jody Garnett wrote:
> This has nothing to do with sponsors, it is showing a project
> organization. Similar to marking osgeo projects.
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:37 AM Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
> <mailto:gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/14/2017 02:31 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>     >
>     > On 14/6/17 2:53 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
>     >> 2) https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/udig_overview.html
>     >>
>     >> Can we add the LocationTech logo to this (and other) LocationTech
>     >> projects?
>     >
>     > Hi Jody,
>     >
>     > OSGeo sponsors are listed on https://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html
>     >
>     > There is a spot of Project Overviews to link to a Support page (and
>     > the external support page can have sponsor logos).
>     >
>     > Adding sponsor logos directly in the Project Overview would
>     break our
>     > current template. If we were to update the template to include
>     sponsor
>     > logos, it would  require an audit of each project's sponsor list
>     with
>     > every release. This is a non trivial commitment which I don't
>     think we
>     > are resourced to keep up to date.
>     >
>     > Warm regards,
>     >
>     Which also reminds me that we need to update the sponsors page...
>
>     --
>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>     Charter Member
>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation