[Live-demo] Interest in Boston 2017 General Session ?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:41:43 PDT 2017

Brian,

Something we have talked about a number of times is a OSGeo-Live
workshop, targeted at OSGeo newbies. Select ~ 8 or so quickstarts and
walk through them.

It would be a reasonable amount of work to get it set up, but I think
would be valuable and well received if it were to be set up. (You will
see from my last email that the FOSS4G LOC had identified OSGeo-Live as
a project they'd like to see a workshop from.)

Cheers, Cameron

On 21/3/17 3:54 am, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Sounds very good.
>
> Maybe a similar session like last year at FOSS4G in Bonn.
>
> Let's talk about it later.
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 2017-03-20 17:51, schrieb Brian M Hamlin:
>> International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for
>> Geospatial
>>   FOSS4G 2017
>>   August 14-19, 2017  --  Boston, MA
>> =============================================================================
>>
>> Q. Do members of this list and other interested parties, *want* a
>> general session on the Live ?
>>   possible topics include:
>>
>> * Introduction - an interesting tour of whats NEW and whats GREAT
>>
>> * Tech Talk - the way it works to build this setup, mostly but not
>> all, Debian packaging
>>
>> * Reboot -  thigns have stabilized a little too much, a reboot is
>> coming and this could be a
>> conversation about it
>>
>> * Other ?
>> --
>>  today is the deadline apparently, so if there is going to be
>> something, it has to be submitted.. best regards from Berkeley,
>> California
>>   --Brian

M +61 419 142 254