[Live-demo] Docker and Docker-compose issue

Pieter du Plooy pjduplooy at zpanelcp.com
Sun Sep 17 09:09:16 PDT 2017

Hi guys.  As I mentioned on irc, there is an issue with regards to the
installation of docker and docker compose.

I did a clean install on pc, apt-get upgrade, and then apt-get dist-upgrade.

Then wanted to install docker and docker-compose, and got the following
output about ipython that is going to be removed:

user at osgeolive:~$ sudo apt-get install docker docker-compose
[sudo] password for user:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  acl libllvm3.8 libmircommon5 python-ipython-genutils
python-jupyter-client python-jupyter-core python-path python-pathlib2
python-pexpect python-pickleshare
  python-prompt-toolkit python-ptyprocess python-pyqt5 python-pyqt5.qtsvg
python-simplegeneric python-traitlets python-wcwidth python-zmq
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
  python-backports.ssl-match-hostname python-cached-property python-docker
python-dockerpty python-docopt python-functools32 python-jsonschema
python-texttable
  python-websocket
Recommended packages:
  docker.io
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ipython python-backports-shutil-get-terminal-size python-ipykernel
python-ipyleaflet python-ipython python-ipywidgets python-qtconsole
  docker docker-compose python-backports.ssl-match-hostname
python-cached-property python-docker python-dockerpty python-docopt
python-functools32 python-jsonschema
  python-texttable python-websocket
0 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 7 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 412 kB of archives.
After this operation, 3,258 kB disk space will be freed.

Must I file a big report?  I really need docker....

Pieter