[OSGeoLive] #2090: Artwork 12.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:39:38 PDT 2018

Thanks Benoit,

I've copied your image to
https://www.dropbox.com/home/OSGeoLiveBackground so others can see it.

I like what you have done replacing the basemap. I'd be inclined to make
the image slightly darker, as I think we need to make sure the icons on
the desktop can still stand out against the background. We could partly
achieve this by mirroring the shadow image of tree and giraffes.

Can you please share the source gimp file with Astrid and me.

Astrid, thanks for your suggestions too. The "head of a giraffe" looks
good (I prefer the head over the blue sea background), but I think the
shadow version with the tree is better, maybe starting with Benoit's
version. I also think that the OSM background should be darkened so that
icons will stand out better against the background.