[OSGeoLive] Next steps ... merging edited documents

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 09:23:27 PST 2018

Hi Johanna,

Thanks for helping the OSGeoLive project !

You need to make a pull request against the OSGeoLive repo on Github.
Are you familiar with git ?

If not this might help you:
https://opensource.guide/how-to-contribute/#opening-a-pull-request
You can also find videos on youtube that will explain all the steps (this
one is short but you can find longer easily):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALeswWzpBo

Please note that you'll need a GitHub account to clone the OSGeoLive
repository.
Actually, we have two repos:
- One for the code to build the ISO: https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive
- One for the documentation: https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc

Simple steps are:
- Create a GH account if you does not have one
- clone the OSGeoLive-doc repo on GH
- install git on your computer if you don't have it already installed (and
eventually a git client with a GUI )
- clone you GH copy of OSGeoLive-doc on your computer
- Create a new branch
- Make your changes in the files
- commit your changes
- push your commits to your GH repo
- from the GH interface make a pull request (PR) to the main OSGeoLive-doc
repo (GH should propose to do so)

And you are done.

I hope that will be help you.

Best,

Nicolas

Le dim. 2 déc. 2018 à 08:03, Johanna Botman <johanna at jbotman.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> Can someone give me a step by step of how I submit my edited Quick Start
> document?
>
> I have looked at the Getting Started guide in Github, but it describes
> setting up my own project. I need to know how to contribute to a project.
>

> I have created a version of the documents in my virtual machine. I can’t
> see how that links back to Git Hub. Can someone assist?
>

> *Johanna*

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: roelandtn.pro at gmail.com