[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:29:10 PST 2018

Two answers:

a) the OSGeoLive team is responsible their presentation on the website and
can mark that page as private. There are two pages (one for the initiative
and one for the open source project).

b) As an open source project OSGeo Live is currently "community project",
and will be recognized as an "osgeo project when incubation" is complete -
is now a good time to complete incubation?

I also need to take issue that community status is view as less mature,
please see the breakdown of differences here:
http://osgeo.org/committees/incubation and I would be happy to answer any
questions. Cameron please revisit your assumption on community projects.

In the larger picture we want to encourage projects to join the OSGeo
Family and I am hopeful that the OSGeo Live team will set an example of how
this is done :)

aside: OSGeoLive is not the only group wrestling with this, OSGeo4W is also
a bit disheartened to not be listed on the website, or to be grandfathered
in as a community project.

--
Jody Garnett

On 22 January 2018 at 12:12, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at learnosity.com