[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:01:39 PST 2018

While I stand by my original statement, I acknowledge the logistical
challenge of categorising OSGeoLive within the new OSGeo site (as
mentioned by Alex), and also respect what Jody is trying to achieve with
defining suitable categorisation.

I also feel that the issue is small enough that we need not waste a
significant amount of time debating it. I.e. I'd suggest we leave
OSGeoLive categorised as a community project for the moment, and hurry
up and prioritise pushing OSGeoLive through incubation. (Any volunteers
interested in stepping up? We need help building a list of our software
list, and confirming that it has an open license - I'm pretty sure this
is the case.

Cameron

Technology Demystifier, Learnosity
Open Technologies Consultant