[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:39:12 PST 2018

That is correct Alex, because "incubation" references a mentorship process
that the development team is going through ... it has no reflection on the
technology (or indeed on the teams progress).

The website has three categories:

- listed on the website at all - required to be geospatial, open source and
accept contributions
- osgeo community - lists projects that are part of team osgeo, but have
not completed incubation. required to be geospatial, open source and accept
contirbutions. We ask for a more in-depth check of the source code because
we are now associated with the project team.
- osgeo project - completed the incubation process, so we trust both the
code and the teams procedures. Team is recognized as an independent
committee with osgeo budget etc...

Please review http://osgeo.org/committees/incubation for a better
explanation, including listing some of the benefits available.

--
Jody Garnett