[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jan 22 12:40:32 PST 2018

On 01/22/2018 12:20 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Hi Jody,
>
> In OSGeo-Live IRC meeting today [1], Brian made a point that he saw an
> email from you suggesting that OSGeoLive has been listed as an OSGeo
> Community project. This might just be a misunderstanding.
>
> But to be clear, we, the osgeolive project would prefer not to be listed.
>
> From IRC logs:
>
> CameronShorter: +0, I’d prefer not to have community status associated
> with OSGeoLive. To me it sets a level of expectation that OSGeoLive is
> less mature than it is, and also suggests that other projects with the
> community badge are as mature as OSGeoLive, which I think is not the
> right message to push
>
> [1] http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2018-01-22.log

That seems to be the tag, that all other projects who have applied for
incubation are under. I guess it's less clear on the new site which
things are applying to become "Projects" and which are not, as some of
the community projects have not applied for incubation.

Cameron, where do you suggest OSGeo Live gets listed instead? It was
added to community because it wasn't listed in either of the categories
and therefore isn't shown on the navigation menus, so people may never
find it...