[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive would prefer not to be listed as a Community project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:34:27 PST 2018

Thanks Ben, we are updating our website/wiki precedes for the community
projects, that definition is a hold over from when we had something called
an "OSGeo Lab" lab .. which was indeed an area for immature projects.

Please visit http://osgeo.org/committees/incubation for a clear breakdown
how the idea takes shape today. The goal is to include projects in our
foundation recognizing that they align with our ideal.

The final aspect to consider is that incubation is a process, available to
community projects, where they are teamed up with a mentor. It no longer
carries distinct branding or promotional opportunities, instead these are
held for projects that complete incubation.

So yeah, lets focus on completing the OSGeo Live incubation process.

--
Jody Garnett