[OSGeoLive] [Marketing] produce OSGeoLive 12.0 sticks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:51:14 PDT 2018

Hi Astrid,

As far as I'm aware, the marketing committee is effectively empty.

I'd also suggest that managing a USB printer to produce bootable USBs
has proven to be tricky. We have had print runs which resulted in USBs
which were not bootable in the past.

I'd suggest that we need to identify someone prepared to manage the
print run, for them to get a quote, and then have them present the quote
to the marketing committee and CC the board. I think it will be the
board who have active people and will end up making a decision.

On 28/6/18 10:49 pm, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask the Marketing Commitee to produce OSGeoLive sticks
> that can be handed out in the next year at conferences.
>
> First conference would be FOSS4G in Dar Es Saalam at the end of august.
>
> OSGeoLive team is working hard at the new version. It would be great
> to spread it via an USB stick.
>
> Maybe producing 500 sticks would be fine.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Astrid

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254