[OSGeoLive] review of checklist
jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:20:45 PDT 2018
wow, wow, wow - what a great team effort at the bonn code sprint!
Sitting down with Angelos to review the checklist, some small glitches for
your enjoyment. Very impressed with everyone :)
This page is linked to is great for listing licenses, the "Attributing
" content may of gotten confused over time?
2) check list examples in italic
These provide context for answering, once answered you can remove sentences
like "*Eg. collaboration on project activities such as testing, release and
*3) link on software license says LGPL, but the link to the website
copyright just describes content license. Consider linking
*4. links for "*documentation is available under an open license" links to
copyright is great, consider adding license to the code repo as well:
5. The text "Provenance Review is required" is incorrect - you have one now!
6. The link to the contributor procedure is pointing to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Subversion this content is
strikes out, do you have a better link?
7. Issue tracker is pointing to
I thought you migrated to a new trac instance for your wiki?
8. Wiki link is great, remember to update it when migrating to new wiki.
9. The management of the project is covered by two pages:
9. For transparent build instructions
The link provided was to Including checkout and build instructions., the
link https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive_Build is much more useful.
10. For " follows a documented testing process"...
Angelous describes making a spreadsheet and asking volunteers to test
the quickstarts ahead of release. Could you copy the information from here (
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_60) to the build
instructions just as a reference.
This would also satisfy the last "Release and testing processes provide
sufficient detail for an experienced programmer to follow" item!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Osgeolive