[OSGeoLive] review of checklist

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:20:13 PDT 2018

Hi Jody,

I hope you have a nice flight back home.

Here is what we have done:

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:20 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> wow, wow, wow - what a great team effort at the bonn code sprint!
>
> Sitting down with Angelos to review the checklist, some small glitches for
> your enjoyment. Very impressed with everyone :)
>
> 1) https://live.osgeo.org/en/copyright.html
>
> This page is linked to is great for listing licenses, the "Attributing
> OSGeo-Live Documentation
> " content may of gotten confused over time?

We have a pull requests to address the issue:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/357

> 2) check list examples in italic
>
> These provide context for answering, once answered you can remove
> sentences like "*Eg. collaboration on project activities such as testing,
> release and feature development.".*

This text was part of the question so we left it as part of the original
document. We can easily remove it if necesary.

> *3) link on software license says LGPL, but the link to the website
> copyright just describes content license. Consider linking
> to https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
> <https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/LICENSE.txt>*

Done

> *4. links for "*documentation is available under an open license" links
> to copyright is great, consider adding license to the code repo as well:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc

Pending pull request:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/358

> 5. The text "Provenance Review is required" is incorrect - you have one
> now!

Done

> 6. The link to the contributor procedure is pointing to
>http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Subversion this content is
> strikes out, do you have a better link?

Done

> 7. Issue tracker is pointing to https://trac.osgeo.org/
> osgeo/query?group=status&component=LiveDVD&order=priority, I thought you
> migrated to a new trac instance for your wiki?

Done

> 8. Wiki link is great, remember to update it when migrating to new wiki.

We have started to update the pages and do cleanup

Moved to https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/OSGeoLive%20PSC

> 9. For transparent build instructions
>
> The link provided was to Including checkout and build instructions., the
> link https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive_Build is much more useful.

Done

> 10. For " follows a documented testing process"...
>
> Angelous describes making a spreadsheet and asking volunteers to test
> the quickstarts ahead of release. Could you copy the information from here (
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_60) to the build
> instructions just as a reference.
>
> This would also satisfy the last "Release and testing processes provide
> sufficient detail for an experienced programmer to follow" item!

Done

> --
> Jody Garnett

Cheers,