[OSGeoLive] reveal.js table not handling large table in presentation

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Nov 7 09:18:37 PST 2018

On 11/7/18 08:57, Alex M wrote:
> On 11/2/18 04:28, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Hi Vicky,
>>
>> Our OSGeoLive presentations is tripping up trying to render a large
>> table as per:
>>
>> https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation.html#/5
>>
>> Have you got any tips on where to fix this? I'm suspecting I might have
>> to find a new theme, or work out a thinner boarder or work out how the
>> CSS works.
>>

> A CSS override should suffice on that. Inspecting the page and comparing
> to the source
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/doc/_static/reveal.js/css/reveal.css
>
> I believe it's the box-shadow property.
>
> Try adding this to the end of the reveal.css (we should actually make a
> custom.css and and it to the head for these overrides).
>
> .reveal blockquote {
>  box-shadow 0px
> }
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Ah sorry, I see the issue is the table running off the bottom (fix above
was for the weird background box.

So there are a couple of options,
1. make the width bigger, I'm not suggesting 100% necessarily but here's
the info:
https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/565

2. Use some css tricks to make it fit by scaling smaller instead of
running off the page.
2a. looks like there's an empty table head (thead), we should try to
collapse that
2b. adding to the table opening class="small-table" will give us a hook
to shrink all things inside the table on that page