[OSGeoLive] reveal.js table not handling large table in presentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:23:19 PST 2018

Alex,

I've found a workaround which will do for the moment.

I've set the width,height of the reveal window to a large 1600x1200.
Revealjs then scales everything down to a smaller size when the window
shrinks, resulting in all fonts and images being smaller.

Would be better if solved in the CSS, but that would require fixing up
the build script - which I haven't looked into.

(Note, our prior release used an osgeo.css - which is still in git but
we are not using anymore).

This is what the table looks like in my latest branch.

On 8/11/18 4:18 am, Alex M wrote:
> On 11/7/18 08:57, Alex M wrote:
>> On 11/2/18 04:28, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>> Hi Vicky,
>>>
>>> Our OSGeoLive presentations is tripping up trying to render a large
>>> table as per:
>>>
>>> https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation.html#/5
>>>
>>> Have you got any tips on where to fix this? I'm suspecting I might have
>>> to find a new theme, or work out a thinner boarder or work out how the
>>> CSS works.
>>>

>> A CSS override should suffice on that. Inspecting the page and comparing
>> to the source
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/doc/_static/reveal.js/css/reveal.css
>>
>> I believe it's the box-shadow property.
>>
>> Try adding this to the end of the reveal.css (we should actually make a
>> custom.css and and it to the head for these overrides).
>>
>> .reveal blockquote {
>>   box-shadow 0px
>> }
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
> Ah sorry, I see the issue is the table running off the bottom (fix above
> was for the weird background box.
>
> So there are a couple of options,
> 1. make the width bigger, I'm not suggesting 100% necessarily but here's
> the info:
> https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/565
>
> 2. Use some css tricks to make it fit by scaling smaller instead of
> running off the page.
> 2a. looks like there's an empty table head (thead), we should try to
> collapse that
> 2b. adding to the table opening class="small-table" will give us a hook
> to shrink all things inside the table on that page
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254