[OSGeoLive] Introduction - Johanna Botman

Johanna Botman johanna at jbotman.com
Sun Nov 25 11:57:35 PST 2018

Hi,

Thanks for adding me to this mailing list.

I live and work, for local government in GIS, in the far western outer
suburbs of Melbourne. I completed my Masters in GIS a couple of years ago
after a career path that started as a high school English teacher, then
Vocational Communication at NSW TAFE and veered through Systems
Administration and IT Management before arriving where I am now.

I use QGIS at work and want to learn more about the other software packages
contained in OsGeoLive.

I attended the FOSS4GSotMOceania2018 last week and the Community Day and was
looking forward to getting started in making a contribution in
documentation.

That was thwarted by connectivity issues - but I am still here and still
looking to helping out.

I think, while I have my L Plates on, I might start with fixing issues in
documentation but I am happy to be guided by whatever the needs are.

Johanna