[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 12.0 status: rc1

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:39:55 PDT 2018

Angelos, I trust your judgment as well. I also agree in Astrid comments, visibility makes contributors feeling better and contributing more ;)

+1 for releasing, with the update translation merged.

I’ve been following the log and I’m being impressed on the amount of fixes and test done in the last months. Thank you all for your effort!
Unfortunately, I’m being inactive in contributing due to personal reasons, hopefully things will change in the near future. My sincere apology for that.

Cheers,
Massimo.

> On Sep 1, 2018, at 10:18 AM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <astrid_emde at osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I used OSGeoLive 12 in my PostGIS workshop. Everything worked fine.
>
> So would be great to publish the new version.
>
> maybe we update the translations as many work was done on this in the last days.
>
> Would be great to update the documentation (maybe only on the webside regularly) as there are many new translators singned up (6 people are worling at german, swahili, finnish here at FOSS4G Community sprint.
>
> So it would be nice, if they can see some progress.
>
> I will write to the african mailing list and ask people to join the swahili tranlation.
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 01.09.2018 02:37 schrieb Ben Caradoc-Davies:
>> +1 to release 12.0rc1 as final. Thanks again to everyone who tested
>> this release. Special thanks to Angelos for your leadership and
>> excellent work.
>> Kind regards,
>> Ben.
>> On 31/08/2018 21:07, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> We have received very possitive feedback from FOSS4G the last few days
>>> about RC1.
>>> A few issues have been reported:
>>> * gpsprune version upgrade to 19 (package available from apt-get upgrade
>>> now)
>>> * Ubuntu user guide pdf out of date (fixed in master, minor issue).
>>> * istsos database missing (this has not yet been reported on trac, just
>>> heard about it on IRC, no details known yet)
>>> Given that the current build has been extensively tested at the conference,
>>> I propose to just release it as final.
>>> Thoughts?
>>> Best,