[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 12.0 status: rc1

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 23:19:53 PDT 2018

Hi all !

Thanks Angelos for the report.
The issue that is troubling me is the one about istos data. Well, we can't
test everything and have to rely on projects team to help.
I still think we can make some tests during the iso building. Please see
ticket #2104 [1]

Not blocking tests but at least logging missing things.

What do you think.

Anyway, here is my vote to release RC1 as final: +1

Cheers and thanks all for the hard work for this release !

Nicolas

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/ticket/2104

Le ven. 31 août 2018 à 11:07, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> We have received very possitive feedback from FOSS4G the last few days
> about RC1.
>
> A few issues have been reported:
> * gpsprune version upgrade to 19 (package available from apt-get upgrade
> now)
> * Ubuntu user guide pdf out of date (fixed in master, minor issue).
> * istsos database missing (this has not yet been reported on trac, just
> heard about it on IRC, no details known yet)
>
> Given that the current build has been extensively tested at the
> conference, I propose to just release it as final.
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Finally, OSGeoLive 12.0 release candidate is here [1] [2].
>> We have fixed as many issues as possible but we might have missed some :)
>> Please test and report back [3].
>> If we do not find critical issues within the next days, we will release
>> rc1 as final.
>>
>> Happy FOSS4G,
>> Angelos
>>
>> [1] http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/12.0/osgeolive-12.0rc1-amd64.iso