[OSGeoLive] Motion OSGeoLive monthly updating and versioning of the documentation

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 11 12:49:47 PDT 2018

Hello,

while some of you left already we discussed 3. Translations update (at
20:39:55)

see irc log
http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2018-09-10.log

I will explain what we discussed and would like to make a motion at the
end.

This would be the process:

1. Monthly update of the documentation files from transifex at
https://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html
(reason: to encourage the translators to work on the translation. Else
they would have to wait till Version 13.0 in 1 year)

2. we would like to defined version numbers for the monthly updates f.e.
* v12.0.1 -> more translations on existing languages (micros when more
files are translated)
* v12.1.0 -> if a new language(s) is added (minors when a language has
completed overviews)

Vicky and Bakaniko would work on the update of the documentation.

Astrid could help if we write a press release / news about it.

MOTION: OSGeoLive monthly updating and versioning of the documentation
in the above explained way

Best Astrid

--
Astrid Emde