[OSGeoLive] Motion OSGeoLive monthly updating and versioning of the documentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:10:04 PDT 2018

+0 from me for periodic updates of translations. If we have the
community energy to put out regular releases of translations, then I'm
all for doing so. But I am mindful that maybe we shouldn't stretch
beyond our volunteer capacity. (Maybe release every 3 months or 6 months
instead of every month).

Cameron

On 12/9/18 5:49 am, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while some of you left already we discussed 3. Translations update (at
> 20:39:55)
>
> see irc log
> http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2018-09-10.log
>
> I will explain what we discussed and would like to make a motion at
> the end.
>
> This would be the process:
>
> 1. Monthly update of the documentation files from transifex at
> https://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html
> (reason: to encourage the translators to work on the translation. Else
> they would have to wait till Version 13.0 in 1 year)
>
> 2. we would like to defined version numbers for the monthly updates f.e.
> * v12.0.1 -> more translations on existing languages (micros when more
> files are translated)
> * v12.1.0 -> if a new language(s) is added (minors when a language has
> completed overviews)
>
> Vicky and Bakaniko would work on the update of the documentation.
>
> Astrid could help if we write a press release / news about it.
>
> MOTION: OSGeoLive monthly updating and versioning of the documentation
> in the above explained way
>
> Best Astrid

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254