[OSGeoLive] Motion OSGeoLive monthly updating and versioning of the documentation

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Tue Sep 11 15:06:48 PDT 2018

-0. I think diverging from the iso versioning could be confusing.

We could leave the iso as 12.0, 12.1, or 12.5, and add extra terms for
the documentation. But what happens if documentation is written for
12.0, a new language is added (12.0.1), and some files are updated
(12.0.1.1), and a new iso 12.1 is released with a different software
version which makes the original documentation slightly out-of-date? Is
this 12.1.1.1? Or 12.1.0.0? I am not sure that versioning helps.

GeoTools once used a star system to communicate module/plugin quality:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/check.html

Kind regards,
Ben.

--