[OSGeoLive] OSGeo Live presentation and problem booting

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 17 13:57:34 PDT 2018

Hello Gavin,

Am 17.09.2018 10:06 schrieb Gavin Fleming:
> Hi all
>
> I’m running the OSGeo stand at https://africageo.org.za/ [1] and
> have two problems
>
> 1. I want to run the OSGeo Live presentation on autoplay on a
> projector at the stand. Is there a way to autoplay the html
> presentation or is there a ppt or odp of the latest presentation (I
> have searched…)?

Check this link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15719747/reveal-js-slideshow-not-working

Add the block to the end of the presentation (see: EDIT: The solution is
to add the following code before the end body tag:)

  and set

autoSlide: 5000,

works fine for me.

> 2. I’m trying to boot the OSGeo Live USB I picked up at FOSS4G 2018.
> It worked fine on a desktop PC I tried but when I try on my Asus
> laptop it hangs at the last white dot of the boot splash screen.

Maybe you try it with

  Right Ctrl F1 & Right Ctrl F7

We had a problem with the start with virtual box too and the combination
helped.

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/ticket/2074