[OSGeoLive] Questions about USB drives for FOSS4G

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 8 03:37:59 PDT 2019

Hello,

-> important questions at the bottom :)

I found a company that will produce bootable for FOSS4G 2019 :)

This is want I will order

* USB 3.0 16 GB
  * with OSGeoLive 13.0
* 1000 sticks in total: 800 bootable USBs and 200 only with the iso
copied on the sticks
* we will  use the final iso from version 13.0
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/
* the price is ok. I will handle that with Michael

Design for the sticks is in the ticket
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/39

If you have any detailed questions let me know

QUESTION:

1. IMPORTANT ABOUT TMELINE: Can we provide the 13.0 iso already at
monday 12. august in the afternoon? Then the company can make sure that
the sticks will arrive at the 22. august in Bucharest. (they will be
shipped from China to Amsterdam and then to Bucharest -> @johan if you
go by car and can pick them up let  me know ;)

2. Do you think the realtion 800 bootable / 200 only iso is ok? or shall
we take a different relation?

3. Why 1000?
I thought 1000 is a good number to give sticks already to other events
(we could give 500 away at FOSS4G and give collections to the organizers
of local events like FOSS4G-UK, FOS4G-Oceania)
Do you agree?

Astrid