[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 13.0 status: rc1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 15:01:33 PDT 2019

Hi,

The version used was 19, not 19.2, you are right:
https://launchpad.net/%7Eosgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+sourcepub/9362810/+listing-archive-extra

I was confused by the version 19-2 in the package and I thought we had the
latest, so I did not pull 19.2 from Debian Unstable. I can push the update
in the ppa and users will receive 19.2 from apt upgrade.

If there is an RC2, I will make sure to include the correct version.

Best,
Angelos

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM <mail at activityworkshop.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I tested the rc1 and GpsPrune seems to work fine.  Although it is still
> version 19, not 19.2 as listed in the CHANGES.txt file.  I reported this
> to this list in May but I guess you decided to stay with version 19.
>
> As an extra request, it would be useful for testers if there were a file
> somewhere in the file system with the version number of the image - then
> at runtime it would be easier to verify that the running image is indeed
> rc1.  Then it would be obvious more quickly that the image-writing step
> did work and that it isn't the previously-written image which is still
> running.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 2019-08-08 21:00, osgeolive-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 12:02:21 +0300
> > From: Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
> > To: OSGeoLive List <osgeolive at lists.osgeo.org>
> > Subject: [OSGeoLive]  OSGeoLive 13.0 status: rc1
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We managed to fix all critical issues, so now we release the first
> > release
> > candidate of OSGeoLive 13.0.
> >
> > Please download the iso [1] [2], test and report any issues found [3].
> > Changelog available at [4].
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD