[OSGeoLive] Liblas in OSGeoLive

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 10:53:15 PST 2019

(Looping in Howard)

Thanks Felicity and Howard for raising this. I trust Howard's advice on
this, and support dropping libLAS.

Howard, others, can you recommend a person or people we could ask to be
OSGeoLive's point of contact? This person would be responsible for
liaising with the PDAL community to keep docs and software on OSGeoLive
up to date.

We'd need a PDAL installer, Project Overview and Quickstart before we
include it on OSGeoLive.

Cheers, Cameron

On 5/12/19 4:47 pm, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Il gio 5 dic 2019, 00:02 Felicity Brand <felicitybrand at gmail.com
> <mailto:felicitybrand at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     During my work on the Quickstarts, a few things came up that I need to
>     raise more broadly. One of these was a comment Howard made about
>     Liblas:
>
>     "The project is in dormant maintenance mode at this time. It has been
>     superseded by the PDAL project."
>

> I support to remove liblas and add PDAL
>

>     I'm sharing this to start a conversation.
>
>     Thanks
>     Felicity
>

> My2cents
> Luca