[OSGeoLive] Liblas in OSGeoLive

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Dec 5 11:03:45 PST 2019

> On Dec 5, 2019, at 12:53 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (Looping in Howard)
>
> Thanks Felicity and Howard for raising this. I trust Howard's advice on this, and support dropping libLAS.
>
> Howard, others, can you recommend a person or people we could ask to be OSGeoLive's point of contact? This person would be  responsible for liaising with the PDAL community to keep docs and software on OSGeoLive up to date.
>
> We'd need a PDAL installer, Project Overview and Quickstart before we include it on OSGeoLive.

I do not have the time or resources to support development of these things, but the person who does can steal most of it from the website as-is. A request for a volunteer to do so on the PDAL list might draw someone ought.

As far as installer, PDAL has switched to using Conda and Conda Forge as its primary binary distribution mechanism. Presumably the linux conda environment  could be gathered up and provided without modification.

Hope this helps,

Howard