[OSGeoLive] MapCache Permissions

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 02:05:55 PDT 2019

Thanks both.

I tested with /var/cache/mapcache and it works directly without any need to create folders/update permissions, which will simplify the install script a little. I'll make a new pull request with this path.

Bas - where is the best place to find these details? Are there docs, or is it best to look at the packaging scripts?
I found where it is set at https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/mapcache/blob/master/debian/libapache2-mod-mapcache.postinst

Just to note the main MapCache doc uses /tmp for the cache. I tried this originally but no other user can then access the tiles (which can be very useful for resuing and checking caches). Apparently it:

> is from a feature of systemd called PrivateTmp.
> If httpd writes something to /tmp, it will be in /tmp/systemd-private-*-httpd.service-*

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika