[OSGeoLive] deb packages list

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Thu May 2 10:42:01 PDT 2019

On Thu, 02 May 2019 18:57:04 0200, mail at activityworkshop.net wrote:

> ...  would it be possible for somebody to produce a package list
> from each image
produced?

  I built a tool to do this, years ago in python, it is in the gisvm/
source tree.
The tool parses the chroot-build.log and extracts what is ACTUALLY
installed, in what order. For complicated reasons, using the dpkg tools
can be tricky to get simple answers sometimes

 So, the parse_log tool is ..

OSGeoLive_gitea/bin/tools/parse_log25.py

  it works, but could be a lot better.. it takes a log file and emits
a CSV of   SCRIPT | ACTION | PKG

  that way, the REMOVE actions are captured as well..
It optionally imports directly to a postgres database also.

  To get the OSGeoLive 13 alpha1 list of packages, both INSTALL and REMOVE

python  path/to/parse_log25.py     log_path/chroot-build.log
 log_parse_out.csv     dbname

  for SQL users: in SQL to get only the installed package, you can say
'select distinct(pkg_name) '  at least
or more details if you really care about other aspects, like no REMOVE
for an INSTALL or whatnot.
The default table name is always the same (fixme) so I manually do

  alter table raw_parse0 rename to o13_a1;   -- for the alpha1 case

 select distinct(pkg_name) from o13_a1 order by pkg_name;   -- 961
package names

 select distinct(pkg_name) from o13_a1 where pkg_name ~ 'py' order by
pkg_name;  -- 214 packages
 select distinct(pkg_name) from o13_a1 where pkg_name ~ 'java' order
by pkg_name;  -- 49 rows
 select distinct(pkg_name) from o13_a1 where pkg_name ~ 'js' order by
pkg_name;  -- 32 rows

  things like that ..

  It is my point of view that the logical grouping that matters to
OSGeoLive most, is the PROJECT installs,
as they represent the members of OSGeo and others, for whom this setup
is built.  DebianGIS is
significant in its own, and different, ways.

  hth- Brian

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California