[OSGeoLive] OSM HOT Team Mobile OS

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon May 6 09:44:20 PDT 2019

On 5/5/19 17:58, Brian M Hamlin wrote:
> . also based on Ubuntu, recently upgraded to 1804 Bionic
>
> many synergies between these bootable Ubuntu setups ?
>
>  OSM HOT -- humans and roads
>  OSGeoLive -- Earth Sciences, field biology, teaching +
>
> A quick glance shows a node+npm install stack strategy ?
> Anyone want to dig deeper ?
>
>   https://github.com/posm/posm-build
>
>   --Brian

I've been using POSM for several years, and can likely answer many
questions about it. It's not really a bootable setup, it's meant to be
installed primarily. Also mostly targeted at Intel Nuc hardware.
Installers are source compiled as needed since it runs very specific
stack of software for OSM efforts in remote field situations.

I have communicated with the developers several times about the
similarities with OSGeoLive and we've swapped some technical tips.

-Alex