[OSGeoLive] provide 32bit version of OSGeoLive

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:19:57 PDT 2019

Hi Astrid,

Ubuntu doesn't provide 32 bits ISO images since 18.04.
Since we are ubuntu based, that is something hard to bypass.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes (in Other highlights
since 16.04 LTS section)

best,

Nicolas

Le jeu. 3 oct. 2019 à 16:09, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <astrid_emde at osgeo.org> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> at SotM 2019 in Heidelberg I talked to Serverin and have feedback about
> OSGeoLive.
>
> http://www-dev.hotosm.org/people/sverin-mnard/
>
> He runs many courses for QGIS / OSM using OSGeoLive especially in
> Africa.
>
> His experience was that many people are working with very old computers
> that do not support 64bit.
>
> This is why he is using still OSGeo version 11.0 in some cases as this
> is the last version available in 32 bit.
>
> So my question is whether we can provide the actual 13.0 as 32 version?
> Or is this a lot of work.
>
> Sorry, if we discussed this before and I missed it.
>
> Astrid

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: roelandtn.pro at gmail.com