[OSGeoLive] Quick starts status update (Google Season of Docs)

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 21:01:41 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I am about to do my proof of concept trial with 2 Quick Starts. I
thought I'd choose MapSlicer and Mapbender because both Astrid and
Angelos expressed an interest in improving the Quickstarts for their
projects :-)

This should give me good practice to see if the GitHub process works
out, as well as creating the trac tickets.

Before I do anything, here is what I thought the trac ticket might
look like - please let me know if any of these values should be
different:

*Summary = Update the [Project Name] Quick Start
*Description = The [Project Name] Quick Start was reviewed by flicstar
as part of the Google Season of Docs in October 2019.
The high level results of this review are that:
- It has an Overview, Procedure and Things to Try section - which is good.
- It is missing the Next Steps section and requires minor updates in
the Procedure section.
Please see comments in GitHub on this PR: <Insert PR link>
*Type = Task
*Priority = Normal
*Milestone = OSGeoLive 14.0
*Component = Documentation (or OSGeoLive?)
*Keywords - should I add a keyword (like "documentation")?
*Will I assign it to an owner - like the contact person for the project?

Is there a bulk way to create trac tickets?

Thanks
Felicity