[OSGeoLive] Quick Starts template documenting wiki/trac (Season of Docs)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 01:08:38 PDT 2019

On 15/10/19 3:58 pm, Felicity Brand wrote:
> Hi all, me again.
>
> The wiki has this page that includes information about documentation
> for OSGeo Live:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive_AddProject#Documentation
Yes, this was our original wiki, and the specific info about what should
go into Quickstarts and Project Overviews has only had ~ 1/3 of the
content moved across to the trac page.

> As I understand it, your wiki moved to "trac".
Yes.

> I found this page:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/How%20to%20document%20a%20project
>
> and more specifically, this page:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/How%20to%20document%20the%20quickstart%20file
>
> Can anyone confirm for me the status of this move?

So Vicky and Nicolas have been introducing variables into the docs, and
improving the build process, and have updated the trac docs about their
new tools, but all the old docs haven't been captured in the new trac.

And this is now tripping up people like you.

> And I suppose my
> next comment would be that I should edit some of this information so
> that it is consistent across the template work I've been doing.

Yes, it is hovering just outside of your Google Season of Docs mandate,
but if you were to update the new trac pages with corrected doc process,
that would be awesome.