[OSGeoLive] Disk space on iso and candidate projects to move to VM only

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Thu Dec 17 07:09:35 PST 2020

Hello Angelos
My thoughts,
As this is the first time VM != ISO it's the opportunity to think of all
the rules that will come up in the future
So I am putting my idea in form of an algorithm.

procedure install_less_than(X size of package)
if it occupies more than X MB then vmdk regardless of the Category
Start filling the ISO:
   trying to fill first the: OSGeo projects
   then the OSGeo Community projects
   then the others
   No technical difficulties -> goes into ISO
when ISO is full exit

x = 400
while ISO is not full do
execute procedure install_less_than(x MB)
x := x - 50
period of trying to solve technical difficulties, approach the projects, etc
enddo

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany