[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive 14.0 status: alpha1

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 14:45:27 PDT 2020

Hi Angelos,

Some quick initial feedback. I'll see if I can resolve the issues, and if not report the issues to trac.

Tested on:

- Windows 10 Pro
- Virtual Box 6.1.14
- VM with 4096 MB memory, 16 MB video memory, "Enable 3d Acceleration"

On start up the filesystem check reported "Errors found in 1 file", but continued to start.
Once started the following error displays continuously (but the VM is still usable):

  "VBoxClient: Failure waiting for event: rc=VERR_INVALID_HANDLE"
  "VBoxClient: Failed to get display change request: rc=VERR_INVALID_HANDLE"

Possbily related link: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virtualbox/+bug/1873922

I ran through the MapServer quickstart - good news is all worked without any issues.

There are a few changes however to application names that could require lots of updates to the Quickstarts.
For example Leafpad is no longer present (Featherpad is now available as the text editor), and there are many references to Leafpad in the docs: https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/search?q=leafpad
Should these all be updated? Will this have a knock-on effect for translations?

Similarly, "Terminal Emulator" is now named "QTerminal".

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk