[OSGeoLive] DRAFT of press release 93 to announce version 14 release - for review and ideas

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:09:16 PDT 2021

Nice press release Astrid.
* I've made some minor tweaks, and have the following suggestions:

I question the statement: "VMDK - first time".
1. Haven't we already been releasing as zipped VMDK images? See
https://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html .
2. Either way, I think it would be better to expand this sentence.
3. Assume the reader doesn't know what VMDK stands for. If including the
current statement, I'd suggest expanding to: "Published as a VMDK virtual
image for the first time."

* I'd suggest dropping: XXX, says "....Thank you OSGeoLive team and
congratulations on this release." It is probably only worth adding if you
find some super important person, such as "head of EU GIS programs".  Even
then, it is possibly not worth mentioning in "leaderless" open source
organizations.

Feel free to accept or reject these. This press release is great and ready
to go from a tech writer's point of view.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 at 22:32, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Astrid, lets discuss during the meeting tomorrow.
>
> On 4/3/21 3:52 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I started a press release draft
> >
> > Please have a look and add ideas.
> >
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Press%20Release%2093