[Oskari-user] Arctic SDI password change

Sanna Jokela sanna at gispo.fi
Thu Sep 6 00:28:32 PDT 2018

Hi!

Is there some problem with Arctic SDI geoportal passwords? I have been
trying to change my passwd for a couple of times, for the past month but
nothing happens. I recall hearing something about this in the Oskari demo
held on Tuesday, but I had some internet connection issues at that moment,
so I wasn't paying much attention (sorry).

We are at Gispo ltd testing to use the Arctic SDI in one of our English
training materials (basics in GIS) and it would be nice to have a "global"
Oskari service to use for basic GIS tutorial (how to add points, lines,
areas etc), what are layers and attribute information etc. But if the
registration does not work properly, it can't be used :/  In the Finnish
version we are using Paikkatietoikkuna and Biomass Atlas - but it is very
difficult to find good open source service that provides same
functionalities abroad, guess they exist but not good ones. That is why it
would be great if Arctic SDI could be used also in training.

Also would be grateful for other English examples on Oskari that we could
use, with multiple interesting datasets from larger area than Finland :D

I also couldn't find the Feedback channel for Arctic SDI, hence posting
this here, if somebody knows. Sorry about this.

Br,
--
Sanna Jokela
paikkatietoasiantuntija