[Oskari-user] Arctic SDI password change

Aarnio Timo (MML) timo.aarnio at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Sep 6 01:33:49 PDT 2018

Hi!

The Arctic SDI Geoportal is a service based on Oskari, such like Sami mentioned in the previous email. Not sure if they have an official support channel, but…
anyway, I tried changing my password and it works fine, I tested it in the production environment https://geoportal.arctic-sdi.org (where you using dev or prod?). What was discussed in the sprint demo had to do with the password reset but it was only improvements, a release and release notes are coming up so you’ll hear more about it rather soon :)

Now for the other issue, I’m not sure if the Arctic SDI Geoportal EULA permits commercial use so please check that. If only there was a company that would set up their own Oskari instance with these desired functionalities. Imagine that! Then they could use it for example for trainings and demoing and maybe even sell embedded maps as a service. Now that would be something. Preferably it could be a company that has a strong free and open source software background and previous knowhow of the GIS realm.. That would totally be great for the community as well!

Cheers,
TImo