[Oskari-user] Oskari 2.4.0 released!

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Jun 15 07:55:55 PDT 2021

Good news everyone,

We released Oskari 2.4.0 today and it is now available on GitHub (https://github.com/oskariorg) and Oskari.org Maven repository. The sample application package has been updated on the download link in Oskari.org (https://oskari.org/download) and http://download.osgeo.org/oskari/. As always you can take a peek at the latest at https://demo.oskari.org/.

There's not a whole lot of code changes compared to 2.3 version but we cleaned up some of the deprecated bundles according to plan so we can be a bit more agile optimizing code for the current implementations. We got a nice performance boost for layer listing on this release on both frontend and server side and we are planning on making it even better on future releases.

Release Notes
oskari-frontend

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-frontend/milestone/31?closed=1

  *   Refactored feature data handling to clean up some solutions that were necessary for the old (1.x) WFS-backend but could be improved with the current one
  *   Improved performance on layer list UI
  *   Groups without layers are now shown in layer listing if they have subgroups that have layers
  *   Link function now provides a bit cleaner URLs
  *   Removed deprecated bundles so we can make better solutions for layer handling without worrying backwards compatibility with older UI implementations. Details: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-docs/issues/245
  *   Improved WMS-layer legends handling for admin UI
  *   Other smaller fixes

oskari-server

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/milestone/30?closed=1

  *   Cache layer listing results to improve performance as most users get the same result
  *   Remove unused parts from layer listing response to improve performance
  *   Added dataprovider identifiers for layers in listing response
  *   Reduce unnecessary logging to remove clutter from logs
  *   Improve MIF/MID parsing for imports
  *   Add region filter to queries for PXWeb API
  *   Add support for HDEL and HINCRBY commands on Redis integration
  *   Upgrade libraries:
     *   GeoTools 24.2 -> 25.1
     *   JTS 1.17.1 -> 1.18.1

Happy updating,