Happy Geography week and GIS Day

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 14 09:51:55 EST 2006

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd push you along to the Canadian Association of
Geographers for a Canadian Source of Information for Geo Week and GIS
Day.

We have heard a lot about these events in the past and have celebrated
them but there lacked a central movement here in Canada. Well maybe with
CAG helping out this might increase the Canadian presence.

Some general info:
http://www.cag-acg.ca/en/geography_week.html

A Brief paper:
http://www.cag-acg.ca/files/pdf/GAW/about_GAW_GIS.pdf

As usual there are all the other major players, but I thought I'd pump
the geographers side a bit.

P.S Can anyone give a run down of what is going on from GIS day. There
was some chatter going back and forth. Just wondering what has come out
of the wash.

Cheers