[OTT_OSGEO] MapGuide Enterprise Seminar and MapGuide Users Group Meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 12 16:54:06 EDT 2006

Sampson, David wrote:
> Ahhhh Three open source GIS groups combine and another one pops up.
>
> I wonder if they know an OSGEO group exists. OSGEO would support thiera
> ctivities even if they are using the enterprise version correct?... Or
> is the enterprise version true open source?
>
> Anyone know anything about this group?

Dave,

Note that the group seems to be called "MapGuide Enterprise User Group"
in the depths of the announcement.  MapGuide Enterprise is the version
sold by Autodesk as opposed to MapGuide Open Source, though they are
essentially the same thing.

Hopefully someone from our group with an interest in MapGuide (ie. someone
from DM Solutions?) will be attending and can mention that we also exist,
and let us know the plans for the mapguide users group.

Best regards,