[Ottawa_users] Lat Long Calculations

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Jun 27 08:43:20 EDT 2007

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a library (with python bindings?) or the equations with
explanations to calculate the distance between two points. Specifically
the points are lat/long in decimal degrees.

YES! There are loads of calculators online but this is for inclusion
into an application. So I am looking for the equation that make these
calculators tick.

I have looked in many areas but am either not understanding what modules
or libraries have to offer or I am missing the obvious?

Is there anything in PROJ/GEOS/OGR etc etc?

Let me know what you know.

Cheers