[Ottawa_users] FW: GIS Summit

Dewald Troskie dewald at globalimage.co.za
Thu May 10 03:11:16 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I have just found out I have to facilitate a workshop tomorrow at the
Opensource GIS Summit 2007 (the other guy who was doing it cannot do so
anymore) here in Johannesburg, South Africa. I will be facilitating on
OSS Web Mapping Interfaces and Mapserver and will pretty much be
demonstrating the out-of-the-box solutions including Fist, Chameleon,
p.mapper, ka-map using the stock demo data and interfaces, as well as my
own customised Fist solution running on Mapserver and PostGIS.

I would like to find out though, does anybody have any nice pointers to
give me relating to the above, or any customised solutions they have
available to further demonstrate OSS Web Mapping (particularly WMS, I am
still learning). This is the first time I am doing something on this
scale (we have about 180 delegates from as far as India).

Any helps, notes, pointers or what else is welcome please.

Kind Regards,

Dewald Troskie
GIS Developer / Database Architect
Network Administrator
GIS Global Image (Pty) Ltd.
Helping the world make informed decisions
P.O Box 15 The Innovation Hub 0087
Cell: +27 (0)82 615 0248
Tel: +27 (0)12 844 0660
Fax: +27 (0)86 619 3958